• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget lift tires

Rod Knee

NAXJA Forum User
So what I understand is that 31 x 10.5 inch tires on a 2 inch lift will require substantial fender trimming. Is that because of the height or width of the tire, or some combo of both?

The reason I ask is that a 245/75/16 (translated as a 30.47 x 9.65) has nearly the height of the 31 inch tire but only slightly greater width than the 30 inch tire. I'm wondering if a 240 would be a good choice tire size for a 2 inch lift.

I am running 265/70-16 which come out to 10.7 X 10.4 inchs on my 2inch budget boost. They fit but if you flex it hard or hit a big bump the rear tires bottom out in the fender. I am sure you could run those 245's, I think 30's look small on a budget boost.

you won't have to trim alot for 31s on 2 inches of lift. stay with the 245

Thanx for your input guys. I actually just became aware of 245's as a tire size. Seems like a really good fit/compromise between size and maintaining good articulation on a 2 inch lift. Not much point going from 235's to 30's when your 235's are still in good shape.

Back