• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Street Legal Drags

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
From what I have heard, California Speedway is running Street Legal Drag races this saturday. I know Cory (tuesdaysfall) is planning on going. I might make it up there too. I know many of us here have more than just Xj's and some might want to run their XJ. Its $10 to watch another $10 ($20) if you want to race. You will usually get minimum 3 passes but it depends on the crowd. I am trying to get my friend with a 350+ hp WRX STI to come out as well as a Z06 so if anyone wants to run one of them........maybe Cory will post up a link.

PS....If someone wants to loan me a set of stocks, I will run mine, haha(33's and 3.55's not a fast choice).

they do this every thursday night on the 1/8th mile at irwindale, 17 bux to race as many times as you can get thru the line.

silverslk said:
PS....If someone wants to loan me a set of stocks, I will run mine, haha(33's and 3.55's not a fast choice).

You know it's not about fast, but consistancy in ET... at least in the racing I used to do.. stock-street car, bracket racing...

If I did not have plans, I would consider going.

Have fun!

I miss LACR

Just like our trails. Legal drag racing for street cars need our support.
Before Irwindale was built, I cant tell you how many city counsel meetings I and others have attended. We cant take either for granted.

Russ

IslanderOffRoad said:
I miss LACR
Me too. Last time I was there I got 6 runs in about 25 minutes and drove back home.

Cal Dragway sucks because you only get 2-3 runs and it takes 10-15 hours of your day.

GrimmJeeper said:
they do this every thursday night on the 1/8th mile at irwindale, 17 bux to race as many times as you can get thru the line.

Yeah but at least Cal. Speedway is 1/4 mile. 1/8 kinda sucks.

So besides all the memories and crap........WHO MIGHT GO????

im going andy...it sure as hell beats the huge bust they had at ontario a few weeks ago when i was caught between a road block of cops in the front and rear...but every cop passed me...im guessing its becasue i was driving the santa fe!!!! but it was a very close call

FYI....you crash at track while racing, you pay for the damages. You crash on street while racing, your insurance still covers you.

Kinda makes you want to street race?

JohnX said:
Me too. Last time I was there I got 6 runs in about 25 minutes and drove back home.

Cal Dragway sucks because you only get 2-3 runs and it takes 10-15 hours of your day.

I hear you.

I used to go wed night with my Mustang, get there right at opening and get 10 runs back to back in.

JohnX said:
FYI....you crash at track while racing, you pay for the damages. You crash on street while racing, your insurance still covers you.

Kinda makes you want to street race?

Unless of course the insurance can prove you're in a speed contest. Then you're not covered.

You get caught in a speed contest, they can take your car.

Wait what? They finally shut down the 1/4 at LACR? Last time I was there, maybe 6 months ago, it was still open. Last I heard, they were going to mine out the area where the track was. The mx track is obviously still there, but no more drags. Its a sad day. My flight lands late tonight, but if I get motivated- I'll show up tomorrow.

TheWarWagon said:
Wait what? They finally shut down the 1/4 at LACR? Last time I was there, maybe 6 months ago, it was still open. Last I heard, they were going to mine out the area where the track was. The mx track is obviously still there, but no more drags. Its a sad day. My flight lands late tonight, but if I get motivated- I'll show up tomorrow.

Yes, was shut down earlier this month so they could mine the track area.

silverslk said:
From what I have heard, California Speedway is running Street Legal Drag races this saturday. I know Cory (tuesdaysfall) is planning on going. I might make it up there too. I know many of us here have more than just Xj's and some might want to run their XJ. Its $10 to watch another $10 ($20) if you want to race. You will usually get minimum 3 passes but it depends on the crowd. I am trying to get my friend with a 350+ hp WRX STI to come out as well as a Z06 so if anyone wants to run one of them........maybe Cory will post up a link.

Nope, but will be there the 8th though in my STI for AutoXing. You should see if your bud is interested. It's going to be a big Subie event BTW. Turns are way more fun then straights.

highwayman said:
Nope, but will be there the 8th though in my STI for AutoXing. You should see if your bud is interested. It's going to be a big Subie event BTW. Turns are way more fun then straights.

I grew up autocrossing AND hot lapping. I know all about turns.

Back