• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat brackets for tall 97 to 01 XJ Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapom

NAXJA Forum User
I always liked the look of the 97 to 01 Jeep Cherokee's and had to have one. After finally buying one the first thing I noticed was the lack of leg room. I'm only 6' 1" tall and I like to stretch out. At first I thought I could live with it but after about one month I knew I had to do something. Long trips especially were uncomfortable. So one weekend I pulled out the front seat to see what could be done. I then made some brackets and couldn't believe the difference. I was able to stretch out my legs with lots of room to spare. I could finally really enjoy driving my Cherokee. I ran into a guy that was about 2" taller than me that had a Cherokee. I asked him how he liked his Jeep. He told me that he was pretty happy with it. So I asked him to sit in mine once and adjust the seat where he wanted it. He said why. And I said just do it. He got in and adjusted the seat. He was instantly surprised at how much more legroom he had. I told him how to make a set and he said he didn't have the time to build one from scratch. He asked me how much I would charge him to build him a set and install it. So I figured up a price and he accepted. Then another friend wanted me to build and install a set.
I didn't have the time to keep doing this so I came up with this kit so that anyone that could turn a wrench could install it. I took my time and wrote detailed step by step instructions with many pictures.

These seat bracket kits are for anyone 6' tall or taller that would like more leg room in their 97 to 01 Jeep Cherokee. You will gain 3 more inches of legroom without really losing any headroom. Plus the seat still can be adjusted normally so that a 5 ft. person can reach the pedals.

Instructions for installing the brackets are very detailed with lots of step by step pictures.

Installation should only take about 1 hour.

A list of tools needed to do the job is included in the instructions, so you can get them together before installing the brackets. (You will need a jigsaw or an anglegrinder to make a small notch) If you are not comfortable using either of these tools,have a someone else install the brackets or don't buy the kit.

The brackets come with all the hardware to do the job.

The only downside is that the seat adjustment loop will set farther in front of the seat than where it is located normally. It really isn't a big deal considering what you gain. If you really don't like it you can always shorten the bracket but nearly all people I know just leave it alone.

Brackets may not work on power seats.

Kit is for only one seat.

I only want $39 which (includes the shipping only in the continental U.S.)

I do accept payment through Paypal.
Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you an invoice set up by Paypal.

Moneyorders are also accepted. Just e-mail me at the above e-mail and I will e-mail you with my home address to send the money order.

Please allow 1 wk for delivery since I only ship on Saturdays.

I have only about 6 sets so when I'm out. I'm out until I can make some more.

If you have any questions about anything just email me and I will answer as best I can.

To answer the first question. The seatbelt is part of the seat so there is no issue of the seat moving back to far for it to work. The seat buckle moves with the seat.

As for the second question. These brackets are made of heavier steel than the factory uses plus I use thicker bolts. I also supply loctite with the kit so the seat nuts don't back off. I do have a clause in the instructions that I would be not responsible for any injuries or deaths caused by the brackets being installed incorrectly.

If you get the kit and find that it seems unsafe. E-mail me for instructions to return it.

Do you have anything for us tall guys with '96 and older XJs?

Sorry, The Cherokee up to 96 had more leg room for tall guys than the newer ones. I'm sure you could fab some up yourself if you really need some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back