• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parts list

jeep/bronco

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 89 xj and after searching on here for some time got a list of parts that im going to pick up im bascically just double checking to make sure i have everything right

zj pitman arm
95 yj lines (is 95 the only year that i can use)
camaro steering box (sport pasckage)
mids 90's caravan tranny cooler
v6 thunderbrid coils
gastank skid from a zj
zj tierod (what years)
GC shocks front and rear
extra set of xj leafs
im hoping to find all this this weekend at the junkyard and im buying another xj (275$) so some parts can come off it and i also just found a gc that was rolled and had a 6 inch lift on it not sure on whats all on it but my buddy just called me a told me he had just got it in i may get that as well if the price is right

any help would be appreciated i wanna get all this put in and get to ure on the 8th since i cant make it this weekend and i want to be somewhat capable when i get there

thanks

any year YJ will work for the brake lines...just look for the square headlights :) 95 is just the last year for the YJ....the TJ started in 97. No Wrangler made in 96.

i always rush into things lol im an instant gratification person ....sonetimes a little too rushed i still have bronco parts that i have not put on yet but i will one day

The ZJ tie rod is a great mod, but it must be from a V8. I believe any year.
The pitman arm probably won't be necessary depending on the 6" lift the ZJ has on it. Just make sure your drag link and track bar are close to parallel once installed.
Coop

what do you call rushing into things i have researched for weeks and have a little over a week to put some stuff together then take it out and figure out what breaks and then replace what breaks with stronger parts and go from there

jeep/bronco said:
what do you call rushing into things i have researched for weeks and have a little over a week to put some stuff together then take it out and figure out what breaks and then replace what breaks with stronger parts and go from there

Your right you did do quite a bit of research, but in order for people here to help perhaps you should specify the amount of lift you are trying to achieve. Theres a huge difference in the parts list for a 3" lift compared to a 6" lift.
Coop

Just the wrong way to go about building a jeep in my opinion, Even if I had all the parts in front of me I wouldn't even be planning a wheeling trip, not until it was complete and I had a few miles on things, all the bugs worked out.Just take your time do your research and you shouldn't have to go a out and find your weak points/break things just to have to do something over again the right way!! It has taken me over a year to get my lift,steering and suspension perfected, and all my driveline built to where I feel its capable of some serious wheeling.

well im looking at not having to buy a sye yet so i wanna keep it under 4 inches
i plan on using my rear shackles i have now and adding another xj main leaf to help with the sagging that the shackle causes i think this may get me the lift i need in the rear and also flex well and in the front im gonna use the v6 tbird coils with a spacer IF its not sitting level that should be 4 inches or so the brake lines, tie rod and other required parts to make an xj capable

You can also use MJ shackles to replace yours for another half to 3/4", will also give a little better flex.

Another thing that will limit you at 3 1/2" to 4 inches will be the ebrake cables. You can replace them with YJ cables,since your going to need to find one for your brake lines as well both front and rear. Or do a search on here or google there are plenty of mods out there for them.

Last edited:
i have after market shackles alreadynto sure how strong they are yet got them from one of my buddies that runs a dirt track car he said they are strong enough who knows

At 4.75 inched I was able to re-route and extend the metal brake line and mount the flex hose back a little further in order to retain stock hoses, I can flex out with the swaybar disco's far enought that the coils are loose and still have no worries of damaging the rubber flexhose. On the back I have an 8.8 with a f150 flex hose, the xj line screws right in with no mods and plenty of room for droop, if you go down that path. I would like to hear more about a camaro steering box!! I have a 85 z28 rotting in my backyard.

The steering box has to be out of a sports package car otherwise its just like the xj stock one has to have a z stamped on the side tighter turning ratio and slightly stronger

coop94xj said:
You can also use MJ shackles to replace yours for another half to 3/4", will also give a little better flex.

Another thing that will limit you at 3 1/2" to 4 inches will be the ebrake cables. You can replace them with YJ cables,since your going to need to find one for your brake lines as well both front and rear. Or do a search on here or google there are plenty of mods out there for them.

Did the search but failed to find the YJ e-brake cable thing you mentioned. Can you give some more details?

mikeforte said:
Did the search but failed to find the YJ e-brake cable thing you mentioned. Can you give some more details?
I have not heard anything about that either although mine is auto so i never use my ebrake for anything still would not be a bad idea to have it working for that one time that you really need it.

Back