• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

body flex

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
just thought i would share this little tidbit.

i wheel the piss out of my jeep, and it has no cage

when i wheel, and i flex the front out, the front flexes so much that the fan shroud rubs the fan, and this last outing at tellico, nc the cowl actually cracked as well.

this is a pic from upper 2, a pretty decent sized drop which really flexes out the jeep, i actually had the right rear way off the ground in this pic. ill post up that blurry ass pic too..

i traced some of the body lines which should be parallel to show you how flexed out the body is.....the front of the jeep is fairly straight, but still twisted.

fwiw, this is the last season on this body.

bodyflex.jpg

here is the rear in the air just a different angle of the same spot

DSC00648.jpg

keep on wheelin, and dont forget to brace that unibody :) :)

-Tim

thats what happens if you take a significant amount of structural strength away by chopping the back of your jeep off, and dont ad any support in the way of a cage tied into the unibody. It was only a matter of time!

If it don't shred apart and you don't care about thrashin the body then who cares... I'm sure you don't drive it on the road anyways do you?

Yep, what we've been saying around here for years.

Best to do some reinforcing up front and avoid future problems.

ChicksDigWagons said:
While that thing is definitely twistin up, have you ever heard about perspective?
lol we were just talkin bout that when he posted the pics.. its not really the best way to show flex... but the cowl pops like crazy and the clutch fan hits the shroud when flexing out :)

oh, and yeah... its driven on the road, only 35s she rides great, runs decent, reliable, and stops well. (just don't flip it!)

mine as it sets has an acrylic back glass (bad idea) and it will bow in and out very badly and even crack with the slightest amount of flex im assuming they are supposed to do thatdue to the fact that its a unibody but not sure

Back