• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cute winch

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this lil Champion winch on ebay about a month ago for about 40 bucks + 30 bucks for shipping. It came with the winch, winch plate that holds the fairlead, a shackle, a lil hand saver hook to control the cable, a decent controller, and a lil pulley block. It also came in a nice heavy duty case - I don't know why since you can't completly assymble it and it still fit in the box but it looked nice while it sat on the floor before I installed it. So $70 and I got a cute lil winch mounted on the ass of my Jeep. It's not much use in the spot that it's in now but I'll be welding another reciver about 8" to the left of the one thats there now so I can hook up my trailer and have the winch there at the same time. I'll just use it to pull cars up onto my car dolly and what ever other misc job I have to do.

I'm fairly sure a 2000lb winch wouldn't get me unstuck from a hairy situation but I imagine it would maybe help me back up a small hill or something. Meh - It's there if I need it and it was an easy inexpensive addition.

Here's one just like it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Champion-2000-ATV-Winch-Kit-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43984QQihZ016QQitemZ260187905472QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

lol Some french dude is trying to sell one for 200.00 plus shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Winch-champion-2000lbs-EXTRA-for-PRO-VTT-NEW-not-used_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43984QQihZ010QQitemZ200176642376QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Ps I just added a HD Parking brake as well!

PB270665.jpg

Last edited:
That is cute!:woohoo:

hey it looks cool and it should work better than no winch. If all else fails it might come in handy on a power wheels:D

Yeah... I could drag something around with it! I know it works extremely well for pulling cars up on the trailer... It didnt even seem to grunt when pulling the car up...

Mine's wrapping up.. I guess it'll be a shake down run at Uwharrie to see what's gonna give (hopefully nothing)...

Also, the one at Tractor Supply does not come w/ the carrying case or snatch block...

Yeah I was suprised at what all it came with... I thought it wasn't a bad deal. Not the highest quality but I didnt pay much for it. How far will these size winchs usually pull the rear down? How much better is the approach angle with it all the way down?

I wish I could make it to URE... I won't have all my parts before then. Even if i did have my parts I wouldn't have the welding done. I need a welder sooo bad.

lowrange2 said:
Yeah I was suprised at what all it came with... I thought it wasn't a bad deal. Not the highest quality but I didnt pay much for it. How far will these size winchs usually pull the rear down? How much better is the approach angle with it all the way down?

I dont think it'll be much help w/ leafs.... We're in the process of linking his YJ front and rear w/ 14" and 16" Fox 2.5 Airshocks... w/ coils or Airshocks out back you should be able to easily suck it down to the bumps if you want...

OH yeah... you ought to come to the meet/greet at Uwharrie on Saturday..... everything will be there from stock to modified should be fun...

In the front or the rear? It's only 2000lbs. I wouldnt count on it to do much along the lines of moving a rig around but I don't see why it wouldnt.

uncc civilengineer said:
My cousin just picked one up to use as a suckdown winch... they're 69.00 at Tractor Supply right now...

That is what I would use it for!!

Yeah but after thinking about it I would agree with Uncc CE. I don't really know how well it would pull the rear down. I don't know if it would actually make enough differnce to matter.

I ment the back. Sorry. I know it wouldn't do much but I think it would at least help you back out some. I usually go out in mud when I find time to and it probably could help you follow your ruts back out.

Yeah, I'm not really sure that it would fit inside the rear bumper... that would be rather tight. I could mount it on top of my resse hitch behind my bumper no problem.

Back