• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regearing places in OC area?

blackhawk411

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all.

Looks like I would need some re-gearing done after the lift. I plan on going 3.5 RE with 32s or 33s. Either way looks like I would need re-gearing since it's a DD. Anyone know of any good places in OC area? How's their pricing?

It's a 98 XJ Sport btw...Dana 30front with Chryco 8.25 rear.

4.10 gearing would be fine right?

djblade311 said:
talk to Scott Tell aka "cleanrc".

X2 - Scott (Clean_RC) is great. Not sure of his pricing or schedule though. Shoot him a PM.

As for gear ratio - if you think you might go with 33's, and you have an automatic, then go with 4.56's. Gear once, gear right!
Also think about adding a traction device - maybe an Aussie locker front and rear or some other type of limited slip at minimum.

Good luck!

blackhawk411 said:
lockers? what does this exactly do??

So re-gearing isn't exactly a daily driver thing?

Lockers will "lock" your axles and allow both tires to pull at the same time. Same thing as positive traction. There are many different brands and types of lockers. Limited slip or lunchbox lockers are less expensive and are good for daily drivers that occassionally see the trail. Not really needed, but really help. They can be installed later as well.

Regearing is recommended when you change tire size or require lower gearing for hauling or offroading...

It will help you stay as close to factory MPG when you go up in tire size.

Don't forget to change your speedo gear as well...

I hope this helps some. There alot of posts and sites that will give you more detail and gearing and lockers.

Good luck!

You should do the regearing and the locker at the same time if you are going with a full locker that replaces the carrier such as a Detroit TruTrac, ARB, or any limited slip application. The lunchbox ones like Detroit EZ locker, powertrax no slip, lockrites can be done later only if you have an open carrier and not a limited slip.

packratt53 said:
call XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX T & J performance in orange :phone:

they can get ya taken care of :eeks1:

Yeah you better go get some vasoline or mortgage your house if ya go there...

I can do your gears for $250 per axle. You will need a full install kit for each diff. I highly recommend installing lockers at the time of gears. I use an Aussie in front and lockright out back. PM me if you're interested.

Back