• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Side console cup holder?

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a clue where to get one of these? I have searched ebay, craigslist, crown auto, quadratec, 4x4 hardware and I cant find them anywhere. There was only one on the forsale boards in 2006.:rattle:

Do you mean the one that goes over the ebrake between the seats and attaches to the console? I think I have one of them somewhere off my old 96 XJ. I think there was another one that went on the side by the shifter iirc, I had one of those at one time too, maybe from my 86' XJ.

I have a 99 XJ now with built in cup holder.

They might be in my garage somewhere...

Well I am talking about the one that goes on the passenger side of the console. I HATE the one that goes over the brake!!!!! My dumb ass step dad broke mine off and didn't tell me about it. I got in and was like WTF someone stole my cup holder? I didn't notice it was in the back for about 3 weeks.
rob2541 if you have the one for the side of the console I will BUY it!!

Pm'd ya 85.

1985xjlaredo said:
Well I am talking about the one that goes on the passenger side of the console. I HATE the one that goes over the brake!!!!! My dumb ass step dad broke mine off and didn't tell me about it. I got in and was like WTF someone stole my cup holder? I didn't notice it was in the back for about 3 weeks.
rob2541 if you have the one for the side of the console I will BUY it!!

I had one of these also, and i hated it. It was always in the way, although it was handy "sometimes" when i needed to put a cup somewhere.
Just recently i found one of those side cup holders from someone on ebay. I got it pretty fast from him and it looks exactly as described. I still have yet to install it.
Be advised that you need to "cut-out" small sections of your center console for the tabs on the cupholder (it comes with a template). The tabs slide into the cutouts you make and hold the cupholder in place. It doesnt seem like it will interfer too much with the passengers feet, but like i said it hasnt been installed yet.
Turns out he is selling another... good luck
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-CHEROKEE-FACTORY-CONSOLE-CUP-HOLDER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ009QQitemZ190177674310QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Since i have purchaced this exact thing from this exact seller feel free to ask any question you may have about it here if you would like.

There was one in the '93 I bought a few months back. First thing I did after i took the keys was put my McDonald's cup in it and dropped to the floor all over the clean carpet(the PO was a detailer by trade). I threw the danged thing away.

I screwed a bicycle water bottle holder to the dash right below the upright heater / A.C. vent next to the glove box. Works well for both driver and passenger and doesn't get in the way.

Liked it so much in the '96 I added one to the '89 also.

Mike

They are still available at the dealer,Just got 2 a month or so ago,my cost about $10
part # 55115020
Wayne

Last edited:
marine ones are the best for wheelin, as they work at whatever angle your rig is at

The passenger seat one fell off one to many times, I may have tossed it. I agree about the ebrake, I like to get to my ebrake and that version get's old fast. This is the perfect excuse to spend some time in my junk boxes tonight looking.

Ok cool rob,
90PioSport99 pm'ed ya
I found one at my stealership for 17.00 bucks, but I would rather have one that was a little rough around the edges and pay my money to some one who deserves it rather than somoe fat rich car dealer.

1985xjlaredo said:
Ok cool rob,
90PioSport99 pm'ed ya
I found one at my stealership for 17.00 bucks, but I would rather have one that was a little rough around the edges and pay my money to some one who deserves it rather than somoe fat rich car dealer.
Hahah, well mine isn't rough around the edges at all, in fact, I used it for about a month until I switched to a 97+ console. I'm sure you'll put it to good use though. Thanks for choosing me over dealership Fred.

Be careful using the side one. My friend is about 6-5 and 325 his knee took that thing out in one time riding in my Jeep. Also after replacing mine at his cost of course the dang thing can't hold more then a small soda without falling off and making one heck of a mess. You may want to put angle brackets under it bolted to the driveline hump like I did.

Jeepm@n said:
Be careful using the side one. My friend is about 6-5 and 325 his knee took that thing out in one time riding in my Jeep. Also after replacing mine at his cost of course the dang thing can't hold more then a small soda without falling off and making one heck of a mess. You may want to put angle brackets under it bolted to the driveline hump like I did.

The one i got from that ebay auction is like that with an angle bracket, so hopefully it will be fine.

BCS F1's are nice. Corbinafly had them in his XJ. Probably didn't even spill a drink when he cratered at JV. :) A bit pricey though, but fully gimbaled.

i got one of the side console cup holders on ebay a few months back. my xj already had the slots in my console to fit it in. my only complaint is that it falls out easily. i think i'm gonna end up screwing it in so it won't move. a 32oz soda and a sharp left turn will leave your passenger side floor wet. but i still like it better than the over the ebrake one.

rickolis22 said:
i got one of the side console cup holders on ebay a few months back. my xj already had the slots in my console to fit it in. my only complaint is that it falls out easily. i think i'm gonna end up screwing it in so it won't move. a 32oz soda and a sharp left turn will leave your passenger side floor wet. but i still like it better than the over the ebrake one.

One screw through the top & one in the bottom "bracket". I haven't had one come off since. JIM.

Just paid 90PioSport99 for his. Thanks for the responses

Back