• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changing headlight switch

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
Well I'm making progress. I found the bad fuse that killed my domelight/radio/doorlocks. I checked the pass through wiring to the tailgate and now it is time to change the headlight switch. How hard is it? I think the edge part of the dash comes off pretty easy but what do I need to know to get the switch out?

Good Luck! The little button doesn't always work as it is supose to. But if you get it off/out then the rest is simple. Where di you find a new switch at?

1985xjlaredo said:
Good Luck! The little button doesn't always work as it is supose to. But if you get it off/out then the rest is simple. Where di you find a new switch at?

Hmmmmm! I haven't yet, figured I get one from the Dealer.

It might happen good luck!

I'm trying to change my switch now. I can't make heads or tails of it!! I got my switch from the local A/P store (CarQuest) for around $19, and they actually had one in stock. It was over $50 (yikes!) at the dealer.

Hopefully I'll figure it out. I don't need to press the "button" because the switch stalk came off in my hand when I tried to turn on the lights. It was a fun ride home.

IIRC, you press that little button and the shaft with knob comes out.

Back