• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Body damage

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
A Chrysler got in my way and I hit it, oops, anyway the front bumper had some damage and so did part of the drivers side frame horn

This is the good side, what it's supposed to look like
l_f0b2988ae457300661aeae13767d72d6.jpg

l_ee8ade11dfc1eaac189f67904fd6927d.jpg

This is the bad side,
l_44bc7631c9f5214e28d6059b2ca77c7c.jpg

l_b3098d6a8dcba561d0d52ad3e6176c2b.jpg

l_facb7651b84081a45580f97894a4df2a.jpg

I know I'm not the only one to have done this, anyone have advice on how to fix, without taking it to the shop? I have an idea, but looking to see what others had done.

Hook it to a tree with a cable and back up. With a tree saver of course! I'm no body guy but It seems to me that a BFH and lots of time is what it's gunna take.

thinking about taking a 1/4 steel plate, drilling the bolt pattern in it, get some heavy duty bolts and large washers placed on the inside of the frame, and "bolt" the plate to the frame, then torque the hell out of the bolts with an impact, using the 1/4 plate to pull it back.

I experienced the same thing on the wife's when I got it. Everyone else has the right idea....a really big hammer. The one I did also had the "frame rail" partially collapsed at the rear mounting point of the bumper. To fix that, I used a big crow-bar to get it most of the way straight and took a very long bolt (with the same tread as factory) and screwed it in until it hit the inner part of the frame and pushed the mounting nutsert out even with the 2 front mounting holes. I then mounted the factory bumper with grade 8 bolts and nuts....not the factory clips. Get everything attached loosely and then gradually tighten everything a little on each side until they are all tight. When the bumper is back on (without the end caps) you can center it better with a piece of wood and a sledge from each end.

Back