• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Am I missing something?

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Been pondering regearing my 99.....so I gathered prices today....I can get a used axle assembly from Right Choice Salvage with a 12month replacement warranty for $250 (this is an 8.25 with factory 4.10 gear) why then would I even drop the money on new gears and master kit?

yeah, I figured I would have to regear the front, but there is also a 4cyl xj with the front axle still intact at the yard....

according to the rearend its a 4.10 but the front tag I couldn't find, just assuming since the rearend is definately 4.10.....(yeah I know even if its obvious I know what ASSUMING can get you)

Spin the hub and count the number of times the yoke spins before the hub makes a complete revolution. That number = gear ratio.

What year/mileage are these axles,rebuild your own,at least you know what you have!

Back