• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mud rig

JeepinCoastie

NAXJA Forum User
most of the wheeling i do is in the mud and sand and crap not a big rock guy .... whats recommend for a rig like this ...armor, accessories crap like that?

like snorkel probably a good idea...
rock rails ... not necessary ... or @ least i think

Spare transmission and Transfer Case, spare driveshafts w/ u-joints....

For mud I figure the biggest thing that ever stops me is the hump in between the ruts. So tallest possible tire you can fit, don't worry about uptravel and flex and all that stuff as much, usually it's relatively even ground, it's just muddy. I won't get into the narrow vs wide debate, but the tallest the better, and don't worry about gearing as low you want to be able to keep the tires spinning and cleaning IF theres a bottom to the mud.

At the end of the day it depends on the type of mud and where you usually find it that should dictate how you build your rig.
:cheers:

alexer03 said:
lockers, flares that cover your tires, ... a front end skid (keeps mud outta the engine bay)

I wish i had all sorts of money to put lookers front and rear .... but i got an aussie for my d30 up front... i was informed that if i was only going with one the front would be my best option ... true? false?

flares ... wont the mud just build up underneath?

front ends skid ... is rustys the only one who makes one of these?

billyjp2 said:
axle seals, i just pulled my front diff cover and found all my bearing smoked after spending a half hour stuck in a mud hole

the only aftermarket axles seals ive seen dont work with a disconnect axle

I always thought a front locker would be better cause most of the time I get stuck it's coming up out of the hole when the rear has no traction and you get one front tire in the air.

Front end skid is definately a good idea never know what you are going to run into in a mud/water hole...

JeepinCoastie said:
I wish i had all sorts of money to put lookers front and rear .... but i got an aussie for my d30 up front... i was informed that if i was only going with one the front would be my best option ... true? false?

flares ... wont the mud just build up underneath?

front ends skid ... is rustys the only one who makes one of these?

get a stock front skid

Biggest set of boggers you can buy

Back