• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full width axles

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone got any pictures of what an xj looks with full width axles. Still trying to decide what to do with mine... What are your thoughts on using the Ford radius arm design vs building a 3 link. Pros? Cons?

yeah, I caught the pictures, my bad. As far as the Ford radius arm design, I really like the simplicity of it. I know that the design breeds binding in stock form, but for a bronco. The arms are 31" long which is quite a bit longer than the stock ones I have now, so I should see some decent flex. I guess I'm just looking for some more opinions.

I'm doin it.. will be runnin RE flex joints...

Ford radius arm binding has nothing to do with the length or the OEM application...it has to do with the fact that ANY radius arm setup with two uppers (or two arms trying to control caster) will inherently bind, regardless of what joints you run on the frame side.

I'm at 81" outside.

n24800499_31534212_2099.jpg

Works great for me but it's not for everyone, nor is something like this a project to be taken lightly. Spend some time to assess your own requirements for the rig and also future plans for it, and decide if it's really something you feel like taking on.

Back