• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a problem with tie rod rolling w/ rusty's conversion?

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
I have had the Rusty's tie rod conversion kit on my Jeep for about 6 months now, and I am tired of having to deal with the tie rod roll that it has. The steering is so sloppy and the steering wheel is always changing its center point because the tie rod rotates when the drag link pushes or pulls on it.

I have read about others that have had this same problem, and the first thing I am going to do it to put the drag link on the top of the tie rod instead of the front, but other than that, are there any magic solutions to get the tie rod to stop rotating like that? All of the nuts are tight on the threads, but something has gotta give cause I don't feel comfortable having other people drive my jeep just cause it handles so poorly.

I don't want this thread to turn into another Rusty's bash, but I am just looking for suggestions or ideas on what I can do to fix the tie rod roll. I hope I've explained well enough what is going on, but let me know if I need to clarify anything. Thanks.

I would suggest the poly spacers like JCR has.I think(if Im picturing this right),having the joint on top it would bind(possibly break) during flex.

Back