• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio/Dome Light fuse Fuse

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
My jeeps been sitting for a while. I've pulled the headliner out of it so the interior lights are hanging by the wires. The radio won't turn on and the interior lights won't work (I know they ground by their mounting points - they still don't work) I've visually checked the fuses in both boxes. I believe that the switched power to the radio is fine. I Think I'm missing the constant power... Is the constant power for the radio and the interior lights on the same circuit? If so which fuse is it? I don't have a manual... :(

Edit: THe door locks and power windows don't work either. ... or the power seats

Edit: I just checked all the fuses with a volt meter... It has to be the constant. Also It seems like the battery is draining fairly quickly... I had to jump it off and I let it run for about 10 minutes then cut it off and waited an hour and it was slow to start but made it. Maybe the batt just needs a lil trickle...

Last edited:
Meh.... they are all good and all had power... so where does it go from there? Thru the ignition switch? Surely not...

My haynes manual is showing a circuit breaker in the fuse panel. Is it a self reseting breaker?

Last edited:
So i was wrong the power seats do work... So now I'm looking to trace the source of contant power from the radio or dome lights or door locks.

Ideas are still welcome!

Somone please teach me about these particular circuit breakers. Where they are, how they work... all that. I have conflicting diagrams in this haynes manual.

ok so is it possible for a circuit breaker to have tripped and not reset it self by fault? Where are these circuit breakers? The lil silver boxes? Does anyone have a picture of a fuse block from a 93? Or a list of what the fuses go to? I do not have constant power to the radio, dome lights, door locks or windows. All the fuse that have power on one side have power on the other side. Now thats not to say that one of the fuses just isn't getting power at all. If I remove the I.O.D. fuse from the panel under the hood I lose all ignition power so thats not the problem... Ideas...

Which number is the ETR Fuse - It says it is the constant for the radio. Maybe it's the same as the fuse for the dome.... This is driving me crazy! I wanna listen to the radio.

Last edited:
My fuse block only has numbers and no cover. I don't have an FSM and the Haynes manual doesn't have a fuse layout... I think the problem must be somewhere else tho since the fuses are good.

Just emailed you a Fuses and Circuit Breakers pdf file for a 1988 Jeep...

sent it to your hot mail account.

It is the closest model year I can find to yours...

Let me know if you want the 1988 wiring diagram...

Hope it helps...McQue

BTT Still need help with this!!! I've still got no power to my radio, windows, locks, or dome lights... all the fuses are good!!! I can't figure it out! I'm stumped!

Ok...you checked the fuses and they are good...

Did you check the voltage at the fuse? If there is voltage at the fuse, then there has to be an open circuit somewhere between the fuse and the circuit load..ie, dome light, whatever...

If there is no voltage at the fuse, then there has to be an open circuit before the fuse...(if the fuse is in a constant power circuit and not a switched circuit)...if this is the situation, I would suspect a bad fusible link that feeds power to that fuse and possibly a few others...

McQue

Just in case you haven't found the problem yet. I had similar problems but found out that the wire harness under the drivers feet area had been corroded through. Rust on the floor board had eaten through the harness. Had to cut and splice the wires back together. Good luck finding which wires go back together cause there are mutiple matching colors. I had to trace all the wires back, had it all apart to fix floor pan anyways so it wasn't to big of a pain. Hope this helps.

Back