• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm kit

depends on if your gettin a upgrade (just arms) or a full kit that includes everything

upgrades run around 700-1000 and full kits are around 1500 and up

check out tnt customs, rock krawler, rustys offroad, rubicon express, full traction and do some searching around here

Actually thats rather inexpensive for a full kit. CLaytons is 1900. You get what you pay for. If i had it all to do over I would have just bought springs, tracbar, shocks and brakelines and built my own long arms... Theres not much to it...if you take your time.

yeah, but you should really just call rockkrawler and get the ones that they package in their kits that don't have that extra boxing for integrating the factory control arm bucket. they'd probably sell em to you.

IMGP0003Small.jpg

joshv98xj said:
Hey - what do you guys think about just using their brakets and building a set of long arms? Here's the link: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X_LAB

I'm having a hard time picturing how they'll mount up exactly; I might run outside and take a look at my jeep. It doesn't sound like there's a lot of bolts to secure this, but neither does the Full Traction if I remember right.
Those things are a joke:helpme: !
IMG_7542.jpg

WheelinJR said:
yeah, but you should really just call rockkrawler and get the ones that they package in their kits that don't have that extra boxing for integrating the factory control arm bucket. they'd probably sell em to you.

IMGP0003Small.jpg

Different brackets then that now though...

I would stick with snagglepuss’s recommendation!!

Spend a little extra and get a premium longarm w/ BDS!!!! It is a true 4-link and comes with a you brake it we replace it warranty!! :NAXJA: Oh yeah, the full kit with all the goodies....$3000+!! Well worth the money though!!

Last edited:
WheelinJR said:

IMGP0003Small.jpg

I'm already in touch with them. The sales rep I'm in contact with seems to think they won't sell them seperate but I'm waiting on him to get back to me. I would like for them to be exactly like the ones pictured there but the only difference they have now is that it's all bolt on now... right? and the third link mount is all made together..

lowrange2 said:
I'm already in touch with them. The sales rep I'm in contact with seems to think they won't sell them seperate but I'm waiting on him to get back to me. I would like for them to be exactly like the ones pictured there but the only difference they have now is that it's all bolt on now... right? and the third link mount is all made together..

Looks like to me that I could cut the front half off of the ones from Ironrock and they would look exactly like the older ones from RK. I would weld them on of course. Will the uni-frame be strong enough or should I sleeve it a foot in either direction?

Back