• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

COIL SPRINGS

jeep/bronco

NAXJA Forum User
ive been looking through the rock crawling thread and trying my best to figure out how all you guys get your springs to reseat properly they look like they would fall out at any time whats the trick to this?

Um...limiting things properly so they don't fall out?

There's a bumpstop post through the middle of the spring, and the bottom is at least held in by gravity if not a retainer.

i dont know ..lol just seems like they would not want to
so now my next question i guess if i flex my jeep up real hard can i reach in and pull the old ones out and replace them with the new ones...that sounds way too easy

jeep/bronco said:
i dont know ..lol just seems like they would not want to
so now my next question i guess if i flex my jeep up real hard can i reach in and pull the old ones out and replace them with the new ones...that sounds way too easy
easy but true. disconnect your shocks and sways and front bumpstops and go for it.

Yep, you can do it that way...I've done that to change out bumpstops etc. Just make sure it's not going to roll away or fall over.

On a side note, given your screen name, you might appreciate the towing arrangement I was driving last weekend:

n24800499_31702224_8513.jpg

The Bronco has a Cummins 6BT diesel. :D

YOU HAVE A DIESEL IN THE BRONC thats bad i need to tone mine done some and just use it as a tow rig
thats a very nice setup and i dont have a front bumper on mine either yanked it off trying to pull a fallen tree around the yard (there was some alcohol involved...lol)

i think i may have read that buildup on a bronco forum at some point

the only problem with your flex idea is that the old ones will go out a little easier than the new ones will go back in because they are longer. but even on jackstands/hoist, that's the basic idea. i never disconnect control arms unless i'm replacing them.

camarors8992 said:
I know on my Jeep there's a clip that keeps the spring from just falling off the bucket.

There should be a clip with a bolt but,.............the threads strip when trying to remove the bolt and now?..... I do not have enough flex to loose the springs.
It was fun to watch one wheeler loose his and did not know until the wheel mangled the fender.

Back