• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non XJ question... YJ Shocks???

pb250r

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a XJ and a YJ. I bought a 95 wrangler a few years back with 21k orginal miles. I put a RC 4" lift on it. I rides absolutely horrible. I was wondering if anyone has used OME shocks on a YJ? :dunno: I heard great stuff about them for XJs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys....

Why would you think that OME shocks wouldnt be good on a YJ?

It doesnt matter what shocks you have - if you have stiff as hell springs, its still gonna ride like crap. I think the name says it all - "Rough" Country - thats exactly how they ride....

Sometimes, I wonder if people put no thought into naming their products....

I figured they would. I switched to OME for my RE 3.5 on my xj and it made a big difference.

I dont think RE is as stiff as rough country.....

Sorry, i'm just a RC hater....lol...the new shocks might make a difference, but IMO, if the springs are stiff, the ride is still gonna be stiff.

JNickel101 said:
I think the name says it all - "Rough" Country - thats exactly how they ride....

i sure hope that you have personal extended first hand experience with rough country lifts, and are not another one of those "my best friends, cousins, sisters, inbred brothers, friends, moms, daughters, nephews, uncles, friend" once had rough country. cuz otherwise you really just need to shut the hell up.

i have rough country on both of my daily driven and hard wheeled jeeps, and they ride nice. everybody that rides in our jeeps likes them, and asks what brand they are. and the rough country kits that i have sold and installed on customers jeeps have only gotten good reviews so far.

this topic has been beaten to death on this forum, and now we have actually had one of the best customer service reps/sales people on here who actually works for rough country and has shown more than enough people on here that not only do they have good product, but they also stand behind their product.

so if you have had personal bad experience with rough country and even grimusXJ (the rough country rep on this board) couldn't help you, then i appologize for my remark.
but if you are just talking out of your ass, then all i have to say is......must be nice to have daddy buy you a clayton longarm kit or whatever you think is "the best" kit there is.

YJ's ride crappy stock. With steeper arched springs, it'll be worse. A good quality shock may help. I suggest you get out and really work those springs out on a ramp or a really twisty trail.(make sure your shakles are moving well) Leaves feel and work much better when they've been put through their full travel range many times. The RE springs on my XJ sucked until I worked them in really well. Now they flex and ride well...for leaves.

Back