• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look like a frog???

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Currently on one of my xj's I have a 3.5 lift and BFG Mud terrains on stock wheels, never used wheel spacers but been considering them..but trying to picture it in my head and I don't want to look like a Toad ready to hop, anyone run them on stock wheels....look ok?

WTF are you talking about....

First, what size tires????

JNickel101 said:
WTF are you talking about....

First, what size tires????
....31 inch tires...just trying to get a wider stance and wanted to know if using spacers on the stock wheels make it look ridiculously wide (like a frog IMO)

I'm running BFG 33x10.5s on stock BS wheels on ~3" of lift--I don't think it looks bad:

Nov25Water.jpg

WaterCrossingSm.jpg

I have light rubbing on the LCAs and had to do some pretty serious bumpstopping.

that looks good,.....I think that has sealed my desicion...now I guess I'll see first hand if all the myths about wheel spacers are true

why not just get new rims with less backspacing?

unless you have a optional cool looking factory wheel, i would recommend aftermarket wheels. i'm not necessarily against spacers, but for the same price of the spacers, you can get a nice set of aftermarket wheels with the proper backspacing.

the way i would look at it is..........less stuff that could let loose.

but i have installed spacers for people that had bought nice optional factory wheels and just didn't really want to give them up. so they went with spacers.

Well, started looking last night for wheels to widen my stance instead of spacers and I just got back from picking these up
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/487157725.html

after getting them home I measured and to the best of my measurement these are 15x10 with 4.5 backspacing....I used a method I found on NAXJA to measure backspacing using a ruler and measuring tape, this sound right? running only 3.5 lift will these rub

Well I went with spacers and it looks OK with my Turbine wheels. I hate the spacers though, I've had nothing but issues with wobbles at low speed and vibes at highway speed so I ordered a set of soft 8's to fix it. Here it was with stock turbines and 1" e-bay spacers.

spacers1pf7.jpg

looks good, maybe the 15x10's are overkill, escpecially seeing that I am going to have to run adapters for 5.5 bolt pattern

mgreen84 said:
looks good, maybe the 15x10's are overkill, escpecially seeing that I am going to have to run adapters for 5.5 bolt pattern

I prefer 15x7 for tires under 33x12.5 and 8" for the 33's. 15x10 is good for the big tires, 34+.

damn I hate my life!!.......lol....anyone want to buy a set of wheels and tires??

well 32 11.50 was where I am heading but I can't figure out my wheel combo....I really like the look of your ride, not too wide (...like a frog) but still has a stance that looks like a quality rig, however some say spacers give bad road manners and others say they're fine. Cragar Soft 8's are nice but really wanted something a little different that the run of the mill

I went from steelies to a set of Turbines/spacers on my XJ for two reasons: 1. because I got the rims for free and 2. I needed the width to clear my hi-steer arm. I figured instead of buying new rims, I'd just watch the vendor sales for a deal. Ended up getting 4 spacers from a vendor on PBB for $150 shipped.

I have had 0 problems with the spacers, you just have to check the torque occasionally just like the lugnuts. I'd love a 2nd set of Turbines for street tires/spares, I love the way they look. Best XJ wheel IMO.

This is the best pic I have currently of the width:

HPIM0860.jpg

And of the rims themselves (can you tell my daughter loves my XJ):

HPIM0858.jpg

Back