• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Size Torx?

brianjs said:
I have a leak from the oil filter housing on my 1998 Cherokee 4.0. because of the location of the bolt I can't figure out what size torx it takes. If anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated.
That would be a T-60.

I tried to fix mine, bought the O-rings and a T-60 and it seems to spin in the hole? Are there some that are bigger than T-60?

2007_0618Image0011.JPG

I made mine a while back. If any one wants it, 10$ shipped. T-60 bit welded to a 17mm wrench.

smcdonaldaz said:
I tried to fix mine, bought the O-rings and a T-60 and it seems to spin in the hole? Are there some that are bigger than T-60?

Depends on the year. Some earlier XJs had allen head bolts.

smcdonaldaz said:
I have a '93, shouldn't that be the T-60?
Nope that's probably the Allen Head one. 1987-1991 was a 5/8" head, 1992-1995 was the Allen Head I think. After that it was the T-60.

90PioSport99 said:
Nope that's probably the Allen Head one. 1987-1991 was a 5/8" head, 1992-1995 was the Allen Head I think. After that it was the T-60.

That figures! I got everything together to do the job EXCEPT the right tool. Thanks for the clarification. Do you know off the top of your head which size allen head it is?

Back