• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

almost got rearended on the way to work

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I'm driving to the office.. doing about 65 on the freeway (5N). I'm in the far left lane, going into a curve (right) and can't really see what's ahead cause of the curve and the row of semis in the lane just to the right of me. As I get into the curve I see that my lane is STOPPED, so I hit the brakes and stop in time. Suddendly I see to the left of me (in the emergency lane) a truck NEXT TO ME! Seems that he couldn't stop in time so he went off the freeway and he pulled up RIGHT ALONG ME!!! Which means he must have been hauling and if he rear ended me... I'd be in world of hurt!!!!!!!!! That settles it.. I want a tank with some armaments for my commute!

Kejtar said:
I'm driving to the office.. doing about 65 on the freeway (5N). I'm in the far left lane, going into a curve (right) and can't really see what's ahead cause of the curve and the row of semis in the lane just to the right of me. As I get into the curve I see that my lane is STOPPED, so I hit the brakes and stop in time. Suddendly I see to the left of me (in the emergency lane) a truck NEXT TO ME! Seems that he couldn't stop in time so he went off the freeway and he pulled up RIGHT ALONG ME!!! Which means he must have been hauling and if he rear ended me... I'd be in world of hurt!!!!!!!!! That settles it.. I want a tank with some armaments for my commute!

Ever see one of those "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs? Left lane at 65 in LA is asking to be rear ended. I drive my car in the left lane, but the Jeep generally stays out of it. :) Generally I like to pass on the left, and not get passed on the right. 65 in the left lane where traffic is faster is dangerous.

markw said:
65 in the left lane where traffic is faster is dangerous.
Umm... traffic was going 65... I'd be going faster if I could. You just can't fly blindly into turns.. if I was going faster... I'd be sitting on top of whatever was in front of me.

Ok, sounds good. I'm one of those anti-slow-person in the fast lane guys. :)

Back