• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking into a parts car....

RaccoonJoe

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going out to take a peek at a XJ, possibly to be used for parts. I've heard conflicting stories about this thing...One person told me the motor was overheated and blown, and someone else tells me that it's got some sort of electrical issues and doesn't start/run. I'm not even sure if it cranks.

Any ideas on things I can look at quickly, to try and make it run?? Or ways to tell if it's got a cracked head/block if I can't get it to run??

Step1. Cracked head and or block= oil in coolant and vice versa.(usually)
If u had time to pull the spark plugs, and found 2 or more wet ones next to each other, thats a good chance there is some funny stuff going on as well.

Step2. Electrical= if it will not crank, hook up some jumper cables to it. If it still doesnt start, re think the parts you want to use from it and decide if you still want it (if its worth it or not). It could also be as simple as a bad starter or starter relay

Step3. PROFIT

Last edited:
hehehehe...thnx for the advice. If the suspension is in decent shape, and there's not too much cancer on doors, I think it's a keeper. Hell, at that rate....I might just pull the block out of my Limited and drop it into this new parts car.....:p

Back