• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE grey paint color

98XJLimitedNateWV

NAXJA Forum User
So my tires on stock rims have been rubbing my RE lowers for awhile so they have a nice polished steel look on a spot on each arm...I'm getting new wheels and tires in the next couple weeks that won't rub and I'd like to hit the arms with a rattle can so they won't rust. Does anyone know what color paint Rubicon Express uses on their parts? It doesn't have to be an EXACT match, but I'd like it to be fairly close at least.

I had a can of Rustoleum silver/gray that I had lying around in my garage, matched the control arms perfectly. Unfortunately I won't be near my garage for another 3 weeks to tell you the exact number, but just go and find a can of Rustoleum. RE actually now sells a can of paint on their website I believe (I saw it in their catalogue) that matches their paint for these situations

I converted my LA's from crusty's to RE SF's
I got the Krylon Rust Tough stuff. Battleship grey, from advanced auto. Seems to match well!

x2 on battleship grey its almost an exact match. it can be had at any parts store for about 5 bux. its the same color GM used to paint all thier engines in the 40s :D

I'm gonna paint mine yellow to match my OME shocks....lol

just a tid bit of info: rustoleum and krylon use a shark oil in thier paint which gives it its great rust prevention quality. unfortunatly, once you use it you basically have to ONLY use either one as other paints wont stick to it. if you repaint again with a better quality (automotive) paint, you will notice it peel very quikly. im not againt rustoleum/krylon paint, ive even painted a sand rail with it (through a gun) and it held up better than most paints. just thought i give the warning incase someone wanted to temporaroly spray rocker panals and such. after that you would have to remove EVERY little bit to respray later. i have allways wondered why some aftermarket manufactures use a light colored paint for drive train and axle parts when black (undercarage black) looks so much better (IMHO) and doesnt show the dirt nearly as bad. then again, we pay a premium for quality aftermarket parts and want to show them off whenever possible.

Back