• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Volunteer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
For the WF raffle.

Who's up for it?

If we don't get a volunteer to do this, the raffle is going to be nil.
Which is fine with me........WF ain't about the raffle.

I've done it the past couple of years, and I can tell you......it's alot of work.

Hale

Lots and lots of emails at first. I only get a response from probably 1/4 of them. About 3-4 weeks later I call the ones I have not recieved an email from. Sometimes, getting someone on the phone is a pretty good battle. Usually a game of phone tag starts and eventually, I get to talk to someone. It can take alot of time on the phone. Last year I contacted probably around 30 vendors(27 IIRC). Of those that I contated, there were roughly 12 that actually donated.

That usually narrows down the list pretty good and I get a set list of who is donating.
You have to have the stuff shipped somewhere. I had a ton of stuff that I had shipped to my house and then delievered to WF. If I had not trailerd my XJ last year, there would be no way I could have taken all of it. I even had help from others on this, I didn't take all of it with me.

After the raffle, thank you letters need to be sent. I usually send these snail mail. I have a thank you thingy for each vendor, and have the winner sign it. I send it along with a letter thanking them for their support and explain that their donation is much apperciated.

I guess it dosen't sound like alot, but let me tell you.....it is.

I may have missed something, but that will give you a good idea of what is involved.

Hale

Mike,

I wasnt much of a help last year, but I would be willing to put in a little time this year and talk to a few west coast vendors...

But I cant be as involved as I was in my internet all the time years at Nebraska...

-Opie

I would like to help out as well. Not sure how much I can help, but have access to the net at home & at work. Also unlimited long distance calls from work. Plus I consider myself a fairly good sales person over the phone.

Thanks for all of the PM's and willingness to help with this. I really apperciate it. Looks like it's under control.

Hale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back