• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 rear yoke problems

ratkovich

NAXJA Forum User
i have broke the tabs off my rear yoke twice now wich makes my caps come off my universal joint. has anyone one had this problem?? i call quadratec were i got the rear yoke from and they said its because i have no slip yoke elminator. I dissagree. Because i have a 4.5 inch lift with t-cass drope and my leaf springs had wedges on them to adjust drive line angle.

I ran more lift on my '95 without a SYE with 5"of lift by using a YJ slip yoke and the 1/2" longer 3" axle flange without any problems. If yours is newer it's a different story.

this twice now the little tabs broke off and my u joint fell out. i am gonna have more in yokes and u joints then i got in my whole jeep! do they make a yoke without those stupid wimpy tabs??

ratkovich said:
this twice now the little tabs broke off and my u joint fell out. i am gonna have more in yokes and u joints then i got in my whole jeep! do they make a yoke without those stupid wimpy tabs??

Nope. What year is your XJ and what are your driveshaft angles?

TNT said:
I ran more lift on my '95 without a SYE with 5"of lift by using a YJ slip yoke

Did you happen to compare the one that came stock on your 95 vs. the YJ yoke?

On my 95 it was identical to the YJ, FWIW. :D

ECKSJAY said:
Did you happen to compare the one that came stock on your 95 vs. the YJ yoke?

On my 95 it was identical to the YJ, FWIW. :D

Here's a pic of a new XJ yoke compared to a YJ yoke. Mine came with an XJ yoke.

YJyokevsXJ-MJyoke.jpg

ratkovich said:

No but you could with a drill and grinder........:D

uhhh...but then wouldnt he have the same problems? caps coming off?

The post says 8.25 yoke not slipyoke! The 8.25, if I am not mistaken has straps while the transfercase slipyoke has ears & c-clips. The tabs being refered to have to be the ones the u-joint caps rest againt on the 8.25 diff yoke. Did I miss something in the original post.......? :confused: Oh well, was only being a little sarcastic in a helpfull way:looney:

Last edited:
There's a guy on here named jeeperjohn, I got him a flat flange yoke, and he has been running it for a few months now without problems. It's actually a few pieces, instead of the yoke being "strapped" to the u-joint, the u-joint in held in a flange by the normal "C" clips then it's bolted to the new pinion flange with 4 big bolts...it's the same setup as a ford 8.8, or Jeep liberty, which is where I got the Idea for John's. I have the factory part numbers if you want to order them from you dealer.

Justin

Back