• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok so my locks dont work anymore...?

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
for some reason my power locks dont work anymore. the fuse isnt blown and there are good connections on the beck of the switch, and im not sure why. they worked fine and then stopped on day all together (none of the switches work) anyone had that happen and how did you fix it? any help is great thanks

from your public profile I assume you are working on an 89...that is important information to put in your question.

Search "greg smith"

Yep - mine quit years ago, the short answer is the Cherokee wiring harness for the power door locks runs under the carpet. One good wet down and it's toast, the connections all corrode and no locks.

The Greg Smith Fix is a lot cheaper and less work than cleaning every connection or replacing the harness. You basically use a relay circuit to provide good 12VDC to power the solenoids.

A volt meter will probably show 10.5 VDC or less at the solenoid - it's just not enough.

Back