• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just cut fenders, what to do with air pockets

xthejuicex

NAXJA Forum User
I have just trimmed my front fenders and removed the innner fenders. Now I have these large crevaces behind the wheels which greatly increase air resistance when I am driving. I was wondering what any of you have done to fix this. Thanks for any input.

Pool noodles to keep mud/rain/whatever from going though the door jambs to the interior. As for increased wind resistance, it's a Jeep. You're not going to gain anything rounding off a brick. If you really wanted to, you could fill the gap with expanding foam.

HPIM0875.jpg

Last edited:
Expanding foam will trap moisture.(n)

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I used some aluminum inserts and small brackets and riveted them in place. I made cardboard templates and transferred the shape to the aluminum and shaped them over my knee to follow the curve.

wheelwell003.jpg

wheelwell002.jpg

xthejuicex said:
Hmm. Pool noodles might work if I can find them. How did you get yours to stay on?
I just stuffed em in behind the brace you see in the pic. Cut them a little long and cram em in. Haven't moved in 2 years. As far as moisture, I haven't seen any issues related to that.

Jeepsloth - yours look really nice. Function over form for me I guess.

I am in the process of trimming mine. As of now I still have the hole were the foam was. I realy dont see the benifit of filling in the hole. Should I fill in the hole?

OR you could take the innerds and cut them to size and strap em back in.
Plastic is easier then dryer tin but still doesnt have that Pool noodle style
DAMN those noodles are sweet man.

Back