• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting issue

the_bandit87

NAXJA Forum User
well my jeep won't start now in the "morning" unless I unplug the IAC. The engine cranks great, lots of power in the battery. The IAC was replaced about 2 months ago, made really sure not to touch the pintel. What I am wondering is, by unplugging the IAC, does that reset all of the computer's inputs or only the IAC? I have never had one go south but it almost reminds me of the issues I have heard about the crank sensor. I work backshift 10:00pm-7:00am, and the funny thing is, at about 9:00 when I leave for work I will have to unplug the sensor to get it to fire. On my lunch at 2:00am it will fire right up, and it will start fine at 7 too, so it looks like it only happens when it sits for about 12 hours.

yeah, see I don't have any other IAC that I can try, I might be able to return the one I have to the dealership because it has a 1 year warranty. I can remember it doing this once or twice when I still had the old IAC in there. I could try to pull the IAC out of one in the junkyard the next time I'm there. This new IAC though for the most part it made the truck idle a little smoother.

sorry I should have been a little more clear. I have to unplug the IAC with they key on, and plug it back in to get it to fire. It turns over just fine with out this but it just won't catch, I think somthing is going on somewhere that has to do with the ignition, either the IAC or somthing else isn't reading right and the comp dosn't like it. What I was saying before about the crank sensor, I have heard about the way to limp home with it, unplug the crank sensor and plug it back in.

it snowed today and I didn't have to unplug the IAC, but its been doing this off and on for about a month now, it got worse but now its alright.

Back