• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LPG troubleshooting: mixer

mr_W

NAXJA Forum User
Hi people, this is mainly a question for XJers with LPG conversion..

I'm under impression that not a single jeep here has proper LPG conversion, so these guys that are doing install are doing something wrong..

Where is your LPG mixer located ? Mine is directly attached between airbox and pvc tube that goes to TB, and it looks like some universal/generic stuff, not specificaly made for jeep 4.0 engine. This can't be correct way to do it, right ? mixer should be directly attached to TB, correct ?

Do you have any pictures of your LPG conversion ?

Thanks.

The mixer is a venturi plate and it works by creating a pressure differential between both sides of the plate. The mixer can be located above the throttle body or further away from it as long as there is sufficient vacuum. I guess the closer the mixer is to the throttle body, the more responsive the engine will be to fluctuating throttle movements or the demand on LPG during wide open throttle. My mixer is fixed to the throttle body.

My LPG system is more than five years old, there are far better (modern) direct injection systems around now. Some use replacement fuel injectors that can inject both gasoline and LPG. The newer LPG injection systems have better economy and performance than the venturi plate systems.

http://files.myopera.com/vbentley/albums/92901/throttlebody.JPG

Last edited:
Yup, that's exactly how I thought it should be. And as mine is much further away from TB, I suppose it contributes to my rough lpg idle problems.

Did you have any problems with this setup ? mine is also venturi system, and mixer looks similar, except for its location.. I have also some 'emulator' box for fooling out renix computer (I think) and lambda control system that gets signal from O2 sensor and uses it to adjust mixture (not that I'm really aware of any positive thing about it so far).

Thanks.

I have an Italian BRC system with injector emulators and LPG ECU. I had rough idle and misfire problems initially but both were cured by Bosch Platinum single electrode spark plugs and new leads.

Back