• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would a bad latch relay cause the IAC to stick?

yes....
I suspect that is my problem because My engine revs up to 2500rpm at start up and then stabilizes.If I disconnect my iac the engine starts and revs normally.I think my latch circuit is not "parking" my iac right at shut down....barring that my iac is slow,lol.

What problems are you having?Your engine should run without the iac....mine is disconnected as we speak and has been for the last year because I got tired of the motor soaring to 2500 everytime I started it.

I let the idle stabilize and pulled the iac connector...this is assuming the iac is functioning in the first place(in your case it seems it isn't)

The latch circuit does one thing to the iac.....it positions it for the next start up.The ecm controls the iac from there....

Last edited:
oh, the engine idles at 3000 RPM.
I have the passage to the IAC blocked with some plastic and it idles fine but without that it's not driveable.

I have a multimeter, yes.

my only other possibibility I guess is a bum IAT sensor, can't think of anything else unless all 3 IAC's are bad.

I wouldn't worry about it but now it's cold and a pain to keep it running for the first few minutes.

philip_g said:
oh, the engine idles at 3000 RPM.
I have the passage to the IAC blocked with some plastic and it idles fine but without that it's not driveable.

That tells me you have a vacuum leak somewhere. get a plumbers torch and turn on the gas but do not light it up. Use the torch head as a sniffer and go around the intake, TB, EGR and lines. If the idle speed changes you found the leak.

Back