• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to remove t case tail snap ring

Combatcm

NAXJA Forum User
I have a small pair of snap ring pliers I just bought. I get a grip on it and try to pull the ring straight out and the pliers slip off the ring. I've already tried it about 30 times and I'm afraid my technique is wrong and I might start shaving the ring holes making it harder.

Is there some method to this?

You just nees a quality/proper size set!

Are you talking about the "lock ring". There is a difference between a snap ring and a lock ring and while you can sometimes use the pliers for the other type it usually is a struggle. Not sure but you probably need a set of lock ring pliers if you're talking about the ring I think you are.

sounds like what you are using maybe too small or maybe a little cheap/cheesy. Most cheap cir-clip pliers tips will just bend & the tips wont stay parallel, making the task dificult as they keep popping out.
Get a quality pair, with tips as large as possible & you should be fine.

Nevermind I found out that snap ring pliers were not needed. I got the tail shaft out without taking out the snap ring. I do have a nice pair of lock ring pliers that I used to get the lock ring out though.

Thanks for the help

Back