• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing a UCA?

TooeleCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I am running Teraflex LCA's and RE Upper control arms -- Short arms Adjustable...

With the vast XJ knowledge out here.. is anyone running short arms with only 3 arms in the stock mounting locations?

What is your experiance doing so? ... discuss

Wouldn't bend anything? which one to take off?

I've seen a couple of guys take one arm loose when they wheel for less binding. If you try it, take off the passenger side. The drivers upper mount is much stronger than the crappy stamped steel passenger side mount. If your arms have solid joints it should work as a dd. Rubber joints might let the axle move around too much to be comfortable on the road.

If you do try it, let us know how it works.

Also, search is your friend: http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1818148
Third thread down to start.

Last edited:
TooeleCherokee said:
Ok I am running Teraflex LCA's and RE Upper control arms -- Short arms Adjustable...

With the vast XJ knowledge out here.. is anyone running short arms with only 3 arms in the stock mounting locations?

What is your experiance doing so? ... discuss

I wouldn't do it with the stock mounts, they are too weak, and I wouldn't do it with any rubber bushings in the upper arm, there are too soft.

Cenceptually, yes it works, many of us are running 3 links. However, all of the components need to be double dog stout or you're just asking for a major problem.

I'm running bds adjustables without the flex joint . It does have poly bushings in the axle, and a cast passenger side axle mount

Back