• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas Tree Run December 15th

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
So, on December 15th, I'll be leading a run up into the Goat Mt area of the MHNF to cut down Christmas trees. This is a run organized on PNWoutdoors.net
Anybody who wants to join in is welcome to come. The tentative plan is to meet at the Estacada Ranger station at 9am so everybody can get their tree cutting permits.
I'll be running up there this weekend to scout out trees so we can spend more time playing in the snow during the actual event. If you have any questions PM me, also if you need my # for day of trip info.

Alright, those interested in the scouting run, it will be tomorrow (BLACK Friday) and we plan on leaving the LakeO area about 11Am. PM me for my number if you're interested.

Ahhh damnit. I'm out. If it were like saturday or something I'd be in there like swimwear, but I didn't get a chance to work on my pile of metal and mud sitting in the driveway today or yesterday.

Gotta go over the vacuum lines to the front diff and see why its not workin.

I'm still in for the actual tree run, though. I might even bring my sister. Gotta go over the vacuum lines to the front diff and see why its not workin.

Last edited:
Alright, tree run...
December 15th. Meeting point is the Estacada Ranger Station, Hwy 224 just West of Estacada at 9am with departure by 9:30.
Plan is to run up Hwy 224 along the Clackamas River to Lazy Bend where we'll take NF 45 up into the mountains. There are a couple of good areas of trees but there was a fair amount of snow on the day after Thansgiving so you'll want 4x4.
I plan on bringing my bow saw for cutting down trees but if you've got a chainsaw, you're more than welcome.
I'll have my cell on me 853-0371 and we'll be working on CB channel 24 plus I'll probably monitor the area ch 11.

Hope to see you there and if you can RSVP, it'd be appreciated.

I'll throw out a tentative for this.

Only problem is how do you get a tree home with a XJ? Not having a rack for tie downs presents another challenge as well. Im getting a mental picture of it letting go somewhere over 205 bridge. :sad1:

85xj4dr said:
Easy. you shove it in the back. Who needs to see out the back window anyways?
Thats one way... or a ropes through the doors. you can put a blanket on the roof if scratches bother you.
I'm gonna cheat and put my tree in the back of my mom's truck hehe

Haha, scratches? what are scratches? All i know about are gashes and scrapes.....

We just bought a '84 f150 4x4 with a 300 straight six. I'd be taking that, except theres chunks missing outta the flex plate. :smsoap:

Back