• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB wont unlock!?

sWissfoo

NAXJA Forum User
i just had arb installed with all new parts, i took it to the cliffs last saturday everything worked fine until i heard this scretching nose from the D30.:eek:
i brought it back to the shop and pulled the axle. i checked the brass line inside the diff. and its ok. the only thing i think that i did wrong was press the passenger side hub on. which pushed the pass. axle to far in. i cleaned the diff. out and re-installed the axle. now its unlocked. having the axle to far in, will that cause the axles to be locked?:dunce:

How exactly did you manage to press the hub in too far? It only goes in so far and thats where it's suppose to be. As long as you had the axle bolted to the hub properly and the hub bolted to the knuckle properly then I certainly can't figure how the axle shaft was too far in.

x2, have no clue how you can press the unti bearing hub in too far.

the 3 bolts that hold the hub on. when i tried installing the hub onto the axle spline it would only go on so far, so i put the 3 bolts on the hub and pulled the axle in, instead of using the axle nut to pull the alxe through the hub. arb tol me that sometimes the axle shafts r too long and that i had to shave some materail off. maybe there is a leak in the system.

I havent heard about an axle going in too far or having to shave the axle length?? If the arb isnt under air pressure the springs in the unit will force the unit to disenguage. Unless something is damaged it should always be unlocked without pressure supplied to it.

Back