• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

235/85/16 Tires....

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone run this size of tires or have pictures with them mounted on an XJ??? Thanks,

Mike

Anyone??

Definately "pizza-cutters",your looking at about 32x9.00's.

I believe that is my size. I love them bacause they stay under the stock flares.
hell.jpg

hell1.jpg

Ricochet said:
I believe that is my size. I love them bacause they stay under the stock flares.
hell.jpg

hell1.jpg
They dont look like it,if those are Rubi take-offs then they are 245/75/16.

Hmmmm... How do they fit on the rubis??? The tire description says don't go any bigger than a 7" wide wheel.... I was going to get some Liberty renegade wheels to mount them on.

Seem fine to me. I picked them up used at a swap meet and really like the way they look and they performed pretty damn good this weekend as well.

XbajajeepX said:
Hmmmm... How do they fit on the rubis??? The tire description says don't go any bigger than a 7" wide wheel....

IIRC, Rubicon wheels are 8" wide. The 235/85's might be a little tough to get the bead to seat when mounting them up, but would fit just fine.

Wouldn't you have a greater chance of popping a bead once aired down on the trail, though??

XbajajeepX said:
Wouldn't you have a greater chance of popping a bead once aired down on the trail, though??

Depends on the PSI you are running and how high the inner lip on the rim is. A 235 section width tire is roughly 9.25 inches wide; still 1.25" wider than the rim.

Now if you were running them on 10" wheels (somehow) I could see the tires popping the beads easily. But not on an 8" wheel.

I was refering to the bead seating device...In order to get those 9.5 inch tires on a wider wheel.

Back