• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Neutral Saftey Switch Mounting Problem

Pleiner87

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I have a '92 Sport (4.0L w/ auto... Duh). I had removed and cleaned the NSS around 4-5 years ago, it was stuck and I had snapped off one of the four threaded 1/4 that the NSS nut mounts to trying to get it off. after cleaning, I was able to tighted it up, and crimp the nut holders in place, lately I have not had any back-up lights and it can be a real bother to start it up, (jijjling the selector gets it most of the time). crawling under it i have noticed the retaing nut is loose and will not tighten, any basic ideas? i noticed enough threading to put another nut... I am planning on cleaning it before the harshness of winter comes upon me. Thanks, Todd

if anyone helps ya with some info pm me. i got the same problem. i dont have any back up or turn signal lights. mine can also be a pain to start sometimes also.

Back