• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pictures needed please

Undeclared

NAXJA Forum User
I need to purchase some new tires. I just put a budget boost on my jeep and would like to see what it would look like with 30's and 31's. If you have some pictures of an XJ with 30's or 31's on a 2" lift could you please post them. Thanks

It will look 2" taller than it does now, with a slightly larger diameter tire in perhaps a different tread pattern than it has now.

you should be able to fit 30's at stock. I did, but they were on Wrangler Canyon's w/ 5.5" of backspacing. At 2" you will be able to fit 30s w/o trimming. I have one small spot on my jeep that rubs w/ 3" and 31s.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE WHEELS! What size wheels and what is the backspacing?

Here is my cherokee stock, w/ 30" BFGs on Wrangler Canyons (5.5" Backspacing, 15x8 rim)
DSC00106.jpg

If you want more from that height, let me know...

Here's it after i put a 3" BB and 31s (Cragar, D-Window, 15x8, 4.75" BS)
DCP_0074.jpg

I think It may have been at the end of your driveway before... Just maybe.

2.5" up front, 2" out back, some used 31x10.50x15s (1/4 to 5/16 tread).

Eagle_Rock10.jpg

Eagle_Rock05.jpg

Starting to think I should have gone with a 3" lift so I could comfortably fit
31's. Looked at all the pages on cardomain.com (all 29) and it seems like few people run a 31 tire with a budget boost. Starting to think I'll get some 30's and run them for a few years while I save up for another lift. Would go 31's but don't feel like having a lot of rubbing issues (don't want to trim either).

Picture%20222.jpg

This is my brothers with a 2 inch BB on 30 9.50 BFG Muds, he's got black 15 by 8 steelies on now which look alot better. pulled his tires out more

I have an 3" lift and run 31's on stock ecco rims and it rubs while on the trails up front a lot. I plan on adding 2" more of bumpstop and see if it helps. So, 30's should give you a fair amount of rubbing unless you keep it in the mall parking lot.

Go with the 30s. You'll be annoyed if you get 31's with 2" of lift.

Back