• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie rod replacement

jonnywong

NAXJA Forum User
I bent the hell out of my tie rod last weekend and so i need to replace it...my question is, I've heard alot of good things about big daddy tie rods, but will they work for an xj? It seems alot of their products are designed for tjs and cjs. Here is the one im looking at "monster tie rod":

http://www.bigdaddyoffroad.com/product_info.php?products_id=62

Im also uncertain if its neccessary/practical to replace the ends as well, im not looking to break the bank here. thanks in advance

I've got a Big Daddy tie rod. It's pretty beefy. It took some hard hits in Johnson Valley this weekend.

And the tie rod ends are inexpensive enough.

Big Daddy does have one for TJs and XJs, but I don't think that was it. Plus, it can be had cheaper elsewhere.

Consider beefing up your tie rod for a $20 bolt in part. Find a late 90's zj V8 and get that tie rod with ends. It will bolt right in and is roughly 40% stronger than the OEM one. It is the same diameter as your track bar, sway bar and (?) bar and looks great. Plus it makes aligning your front end way too easy to do. Check it out. Unless, of course, you like throwing money at your xj.

Hudson Bend said:
Consider beefing up your tie rod for a $20 bolt in part. Find a late 90's zj V8 and get that tie rod with ends. It will bolt right in and is roughly 40% stronger than the OEM one. It is the same diameter as your track bar, sway bar and (?) bar and looks great. Plus it makes aligning your front end way too easy to do. Check it out. Unless, of course, you like throwing money at your xj.
had one, and it sucks... it's actually curved down on the design. Also... it's not that strong.....

Back