• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking at a C-Roc exo-cage, but i dont have a welder worth using to weld this cage. anyone know how much carolina rock shop would charge me to install it? whats a reasonable price?:confused:

i would probably start by contacting carolina rock shop and asking for a quote. seems like the quickest and most accurate way to find out what they will charge.

CRS is no longer open in Charlotte. Andy has moved up to Statesville but still does projects I believe. When I asked him about a price to put a custom cage inside my XJ I want to say it was like 1200.00 or so... But it's a lot of work to put a cage inside a XJ.. i think install labor was something like 700.00......

Welding an exo isnt too big a deal... But where are you getting a C-Rok Exo? They quit making them years ago.

If you have one and aren't looking to get it done for a month or so PM me my cousin has a fabrication shop up here in the Winston Salem area and he could probably work you in... I'll ask him what kind of price if you're actually interested.

Just so you know we're in the process of putting a cage inside my XJ right now and 4-linking his YJ front and rear...

He does all my welding and welds on race cars, etc.

i went to www.c-rok.com and it says that the exo is $1000 so i asume they still sell them. i'm lookin into an external because i rolled my jeep about 6 months ago n i'm one of the lucky ones who didnt get a scratch. i was maby thinking of an oex and a bolt in internal, but figured it would be way to much, n plus theres not much round the little town of dallas, so i'll be wheeling my hunitin land after season ends. i sent an email to CRS to see how much they would charge me, and also asked them if it would be cheaper for them to fab me up one.

Well It's my understanding that c-rok no longer sell the Exo... so I'd call them first.

Also, Andy at CRS does great work and could easily bend up an Exo... where you costs comes in is an Exo is quite a bit of tube at something like $3.50/foot for 1.75" 120wall DOM. Then bending and welding will add to it.

I also think Andy will tell you that an exo is only as good as the interal cage it's tied into... If you really want safety I think a good tight fitting triangulated Internal cage is the way to go...

Just my 0.02

thanks i'm waitin for the email. as we speak, but it'll prob be a few days before i get an answer, but if i have anyother questions i'll post them up. what about a bolt in cage like rock hard or w/e that name was? if i get them to triangulate it some?

Last edited:
Back