• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

85 2.5 l carb to MFI upgrade.

loke

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone any experience with upgrading an older carburated 2.5 liter to a 91-95 fuel injection system?
I searched but wasn't able to find any info on this. How complicated is this and what parts should I get from the donor?

Far easier is to upgrade to TBI. You get 95% of the benefits with much less hassle. I did the TBI swap about 5 years ago. I cut and wired my wiring harness, but I recommend swapping over the complete wiring harness, which includes the dash harness. It is a lot easier than it sounds.

Remember you need to upgrade to an intank fuel pump, a new bell housing with CPS, along with all the wiring and ECM. The air cleaner setup is different as well.

The difference in performance is significant. At the same time, I did a cam, porting, and headers.

How many miles on your engine? Strapping a new induction system on a tired old block is a waste of time and money (IMO). But I also like the SFI or BFI on a 4.3 V6 would be sweet

I'm getting close to 180.000 on the engine, so it's almost new. :cool:
The engine still runs pretty good, but I'm getting tired of the usual carb issues when the vehicle isn't on a flat surface.

loke said:
I'm getting close to 180.000 on the engine, so it's almost new. :cool:
The engine still runs pretty good, but I'm getting tired of the usual carb issues when the vehicle isn't on a flat surface.

Yeah, I thought I was going to have to get out and push you up that last hill my CJ went up in 2wd Hi. . .

3XJFamily said:
Yeah, I thought I was going to have to get out and push you up that last hill my CJ went up in 2wd Hi. . .
ROFL, I didn't even know you were reading this forum. :laugh3:

Back