• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just lifted my xj and have a question...

HiFiBuysTN

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 4" Rancho lift on my 92 xj last night. Front Coils and add-a-leaf. The problem is my driver's side tire sticks out about and inch or two more the the passenger side. Would that be the track bar needing to be adjusted or what?:dunno:
Thanks
The New Guy

Yes... You need to adjust your trackbar. Did it come with an adjustable? Just take the tracbar lose at the frame end. Shake the jeep left to right a few times on level ground and let it settle centered. THen lengthen your tracbar to the right length and bolt it up. You can take a tape measure to it and center it up better if you like.

X2 An adjustable track bar is in your immediate future. Don't put if off too long as it is putting weird forces upon your front end and will adversely affect your tire wear. Just look at the angle of your swaybar connects. And then there is that visual illusion that your jeep is always turning right but your front tires don't know it yet.

Okay where can you buy this bracket?

okay is the bracket fix not recomended?

Question, I have a fixed tracbar using a drop bracket that is both bolted and WELDED in place, I have an adjustable trackbar to put in, should I still grind/remove the bracket?
or just use the adjustable with the bracket?

Back