• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Refreshments...

Which flavor?

• Schwarzbier

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • India Pale Ale

• Super Alt

• St Paul Porter

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Oatmeal Stout

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • If it doesn't taste like Bud Light, I'm not drinking it!

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Since we set a Winterfest date before I planned my beach vacation, I'll be able to properly fulfill my brewmeister duties this year, and bring at least one batch of homebrew, maybe two depending on how much I drink between now and then. :D

I'd like to see some of our other MWC homebrewers bring some as well, either some bottles to share, or a corny keg, the dispensing of which I can take care of with my Co2 system.

So, the poll to see what y'all would like me to brew.
I generally like to be lazy and brew these kits, they pretty much always turn out great.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/beer-kits.html

I've brewed all beers in the poll, all are excellent, only the IPA may not appeal to non-hopheads.

Vote for two, I'll see what I can do...

:cheers:

Since it will be cool, and I love Oatmeal Stout, I have to agree with Brian.

Whatever you brew, I'll do something different.

I've recently had a new Schwarz from a local brewer here and it was pretty tasty, so that's my vote for something different. Stout would be good too.

I'll try anything, but I had to go with the last option.

I should be getting a kegging system soon so I'll bring a corny of something too.

anyone got the recipe for Budweiser? Oh, wait being a JR fan, anyone got the recipe for AMP. j/k flame away

silent_bob_662001 said:
anyone got the recipe for Budweiser? Oh, wait being a JR fan, anyone got the recipe for AMP. j/k flame away

Sure....

One part used toliet water
Two parts cat crap
Liberally filtered through dirty Pampers......

IPA is not for me...

Stout on the other hand... and the porter... :D

Looks like we'll be trying some Oatmeal Stout.
I'm not a big beer drinker but I'll try anything once......well, almost anything.

Oatmeal stout it is!

And it may be my first all-grain batch, since the former brewmeister gave me a couple of converted kegs, and one I'll need to cut. A few miscellaneous parts and some fab work, and I'll be all set.

As for the 2nd choice, unless I drink an awful lot between now and then, I'm sure at least one of the 7 full or almost full kegs I have now, will be around at Winterfest time. And then there's the 4 other batches currently in various stages...

seanR said:
I like IPAs
Did you watch the History channel about beer over the weekend?
Very interesting why they call it India Pale Ale...

Wow, I guess this was one of those rare times when I could have watched TV. Oh well, maybe next year...

Not currently available in Illinois, but Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is one of the best IPAs I've ever had, and I have 5 gallons of a pretty good clone almost ready to keg.

lesslimited said:
Wow, I guess this was one of those rare times when I could have watched TV. Oh well, maybe next year...

Not currently available in Illinois, but Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is one of the best IPAs I've ever had, and I have 5 gallons of a pretty good clone almost ready to keg.
Well, perhaps I will be able to make the trip for the unveiling....

You and Lar are always welcome here. I'll let you know when it's carbonated...

john its 415am...im working til 0630....

YOU'RE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

mac 'ready for winterfest' gyvr

Back