• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which S-10 Leaf

fatty

NAXJA Forum User
I am doing a 2 inch on my '97. I have searched many threads on which springs to use, and so forth, but I have a question. I went to my local "you-pull-it" yard and picked up a set of zj v8 coils and '89 s-10 leafs. I disassembled the packs, and was wondering if I should use the main leaf and simply chop the eyes off, or use the second leaf in the pack. My target is 2 inches, and the second leaf seems a little more rigid than the main. I know rocklizzard used the main leaf, however I don't know how many miles where on them, and if they sag with more miles. The main leafs I picked up have a nice arch to them, however they are pretty soft. Let me know what you all think.

~Jake

Not sure if this will help you or not but I used Durango leafs on mine, cut the eyes off the doaner spring and bolted them to my xj main leaf. It worked great and got me about 3 inches of lift with good ride and flex. I've run it like this for 3 years with no sag.

Alright, thank you for the replies. I think I will use the main s-10 leaf and cut off the eyes and place that under my xj main, then replace all oem springs. If I need to I will just run spacers for now to level the front. Again thank you for the reply.

Back