• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

orange engine lite

I'm guessing you're talking about the ODB-II light, also known as the Check Engine light...

you'll need to get a code reader and have the code read to tell you what its referring to. there's some sort of key on/key off method to get it too, but i"ve never been able to get it to work.

EDIT: Autozone will read the code for free for you....

I just replaced my rear drum brakes with discs from a ZJ but I couldn't hook up my ABS because the tone rings are different. I pulled the relay and fuse under the hood for the ABS. I still have an ABS lite on and the check engine lite. Will the ABS trip the check engine lite ???

I think it will cause a CEL if it can't talk to the ABS computer, just like it will cause a CEL if it can't talk to the trans computer (not that they share anything be trouble codes).

I cut and paste this paragraph from my 01XJ FSM

DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - ANTILOCK BRAKES
The ABS brake system performs several self-tests every time the ignition switch is turned on and the vehicle is driven. The CAB monitors the systems input and output circuits to verify the system is operating correctly. If the on board diagnostic system senses that a circuit is malfunctioning the system
will set a trouble code in its memory.

I have no knowledge of how it will act if you pull the ABS relay and fuse.

Back