• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fried ECU

Staffybull603

NAXJA Forum User
So long story short I ran some bunk wire to run some lights on my rear bumper, and when I disconnected the switch when I removed my carpet to herc it I just left the wire laying on the floor. Well on the ride home from RI to NH is got so hot it burned the rubber off the wire..and damaged the vac line running into the map sensor and exposed one of the wires which runs out of the map sensor..Well I repaired the vac line, and the exposed line. Today the map sensor got replaced and it still wont start. Sooo I'm thinking I might have damaged the ecu and if anyone has any insight or thoughts it would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance

If you have a meter, verify that one of the wires is grounded (probably black) and that you have voltage (5-volts I think for a 95) on one of the other wires. A bad map should prevent it from starting though. It's possible it's just a blown fuse too.

Back