• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MSD IGNITION??

nancea

NAXJA Forum User
What are your opinions on adding MSD ignition box, coil, wires to a slightly offroaded 98 cherokee with stock powertrain, 3.5 lift on 31's?? Looking for better fuel economy, smoother idle, quicker response. I do pull a trailer loaded with atv's quite often too. Just wanted to know if people on here run MSD much or if Accel or something was better in your opinion.

Thanks

Waste of money,it would take something really new/different to beat the factory ignition!

MSD on a stocker? Limited to no benefit. Save your money toward a stroker.

MSD would probably be of benefit on a stroker, but there are too many people running OEM ignition on strokers (RENIX and ChryCo) for me to say that it's necessary.

MSD really shines with high compression, forced induction, or nitrous - but it's not really needed on stockers.

I have an MSD ignition box, coil and wires...save your money for mods that make a difference. The MSD stuff is great...just not needed. 4.0L, 44/locked (4.56), hp30 (4.56) locked, 5.5" R.E. w/ 35 MTR's. I would invest the money in some junk that will protect or get you further up harder trails!

Back