• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Dec

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Anyone up for a run around Dec 1, maybe camp out for the weekend? Don't want to put anything in stone, just trying to get a feel. Really bummed out about missing the JV run. I did'nt found out til today I could've taken time off from work but I'm to ill prepared just to take off, plus I have'nt put my front locker in yet either.

Maybe the 8th? I have a Christmas party on the 1st.

What trails are you thinking of running? Alot of the forest is still closed due to the fires.

Thinking white mountain, then Bull or Holcomb on sat. Ideally thinking camping out, I think Hanna Flats is open, not sure.

paulhead said:
Thinking white mountain, then Bull or Holcomb on sat. Ideally thinking camping out, I think Hanna Flats is open, not sure.

I am pretty sure Holcomb is Closed. Not sure about White Mtn. I know folks have been running John Bull.

Maybe we can check what trails are open, and post as we find out.
Lets keep this post open and keep the discussion going as to the dates.

pottenger said:
Maybe we can check what trails are open, and post as we find out.
Lets keep this post open and keep the discussion going as to the dates.
good deal

Well I'm up for Dec 1 but besides that I'm working

i have some guys that will run john bull and gold mountain, as far as i know holcomb creek is closed

Fire Closures:

Butler 2 Fire - Road, Trail and Recreational Facility Closures.
  • Butler Peak Lookout
  • Grays Peak Trail
  • Hanna Flat Trail
  • Hanna Flat Campground
  • Big Pine Flat Campground
  • Grays Peak Group Campground
  • Ironwood Group Campground
  • Big Pine Flat Group Campground
  • Little Bear Springs Trail Camp
  • 2N06X
  • 2N13 Snowslide and spur roads / Trails
  • 3N11
  • 3N14 and spur roads / Trails - Closed from Fawnskin to 3N16, Access to Horse Springs / Shay Mountain area is via Bowen Ranch Road, or High Road via Lucerne Valley or 3N16.
  • 3N93 Holcomb Creek
  • Pacific Crest Trail - Big Bear Area- The PCT will remain closed from the 3N16/Holcomb Creek crossing on the west side (approx. 2 miles northeast of Crab Flats), to 2N09 (Polique Canyon Rd.) . Little Bear Springs trail camp is closed to public use, due to Butler 2 Fire.A PCT trail reroute is being developed.
Grass Valley Fire - Road Closures
  • 2N34 from Junction of 2N37 to Forest boundary.
  • 2N34A from Forest boundary to 2N34.
Slide Fire - Road, Trail and Recreational Facility Closures
  • 2W07 from 3N34 Junction to Fisherman’s Campground.
  • Fredalba Trail from Forest boundary
  • 2N19 (including spurs 2N19A, 2N19B, and 2N19C) from intersection with Green Valley Lake Road near Camp Cedar Crest to Meadow Lane near the Green Valley Campground.
  • 2N16 from the Green Valley Campground to its terminus.
  • 2N13 from Green Valley Campground to Fawnskin (3N14) (overlap Butler 2 closure)
  • 2N13D from intersection with 2N13 to Crafts Peak.
  • 2N33Y from 3N16 to Tent Peg Group Camp.
  • 3N34B from 3N16 to its terminus.
  • Green Valley Campground and the roads within the campground.
  • Fisherman’s Group Campground.
  • Tent Peg Group Campground.
Seasonal Closures:

Everything on the South side of Big Bear Lake: 1N19, 1N19A, 2N06, 2N08, 2N10, 2N10B, 2N10D, 2N10F, 2N11, 2N11A, 2N11B, 2N17, 2N17X, 2N27, 2N42, 2N42A, 2N42B, 2N42Y, 2N44. 2N44Y, 2N48, 2N48Y, 2N51Y, 2N53Y, 2N54, 2N82Y, 2N85, 2N85A, 2N86, 2N86B, 2N93, 2N93B, 2N93D, 2N93E, 2N93G

Everything near Heart Bar: 1N02, 1N05, 1N05A, 1N05B, 1N30, 1N30A, 1N30B, 1N37, 1N37A, 1N39, 2N93

2N13

Got a little thing going (gld mtn & JBull) sat with some MJR dudes.
8-9am at the Fawnskin firestation ch4

Is the BB run a sure thing for Sat?
How many rigs do you expect at this time?

Paul, if you are staying up there Sat night, i may be up Sunday for the day. I have to work Sat, so no go for me then.
I should have a definate answer by tomorrow afternoon.

Back