• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/2-1 inch extra lift

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I just lifted my 2000XJ 2inch's with a coil spacer, and a extra XJ main leaf in the back. I am running 265/75-16's right now and they don't rub unless I hit a bump hard then the back tires will rub. I just bought some tire chains and don't want to put those on unless I lift it some more. Just woundering what would be a good option for lifting the back less than 1 inch. I still have another XJ leaf pack, should I add another leaf from it or get a longer shackle? I think a stiffer leaf pack would be my preference. How much will a MJ Shackle lift a XJ? Thanks

jeepboy381 said:
I just lifted my 2000XJ 2inch's with a coil spacer, and a extra XJ main leaf in the back. I am running 265/75-16's right now and they don't rub unless I hit a bump hard then the back tires will rub. I just bought some tire chains and don't want to put those on unless I lift it some more. Just woundering what would be a good option for lifting the back less than 1 inch. I still have another XJ leaf pack, should I add another leaf from it or get a longer shackle? I think a stiffer leaf pack would be my preference. How much will a MJ Shackle lift a XJ? Thanks
mj shackle = .75" of lift

jeepboy381 said:
That would work in conjunction with another coil spring isolater in the front real nice. I just have to find one in the wrecking yard now, they are hard to come by!
Rusty has so many he's trying to sell them! As well as RE, RC, RK, EBAY, 4wd Parts and many more.

If you plan to wheel it, your going to need at least 4" to clear those tires without trimming!

RCP Phx said:
If you plan to wheel it, your going to need at least 4" to clear those tires without trimming!
It is just my daily driver, so the most offroad it will ever see is easy trails, sand dunes, and snow. The tires are only 30.6 inch's tall and 10.4 inch's wide which is perfect for a budget boost. 30's look way to small in my opinion, and most don't even measure out to 30inchs. The rear springs were sagged pretty bad so I don't think I got a true 2inchs of lift, plus I have an extra 100lbs in the back.

lowrange2 said:
Rusty has so many he's trying to sell them! As well as RE, RC, RK, EBAY, 4wd Parts and many more.
Are you talking about coil spring isolators or MJ shackles? Why would they have so many of them?

jeepboy381 said:
It is just my daily driver, so the most offroad it will ever see is easy trails, sand dunes, and snow. The tires are only 30.6 inch's tall and 10.4 inch's wide which is perfect for a budget boost. 30's look way to small in my opinion, and most don't even measure out to 30inchs. The rear springs were sagged pretty bad so I don't think I got a true 2inchs of lift, plus I have an extra 100lbs in the back.
Thats pretty small for a 265/75/16,mine worked out to 32x10.50 on a 4.5" lift!
bump12.jpg

WheelinJR said:
josh, you could always pull out the spacers and i could set you up with a 3" spring for the front to get you 3" in the front lift.
Yeah I could do that but it would cost alot more money than using a free coil spring isolator and a used MJ shackle or extra leaf. To be honest I really like where it sits right now but tire chains won't alow that and I am going to be going up the mountain quite frequently. If you have something used or cheap though let me know. I could at least sell my BB.

You know anyone with some MJ shackles laying around? That is a pretty good price for those coils but for whatever reason I only want a 1/2 inch more in the front. I believe the rear sits a little lower than the back right now also so 1/2in front and up to 1in rear lift should be good.

Back