• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Online Tech Support

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
Having worked in a dealership for a short while, I am now completely spoiled... I want access to really thorough online tech support for my vehicles. I know All Data is one that is available to the public for a fee. Any others? Anybody have first hand experience with these services? Are they any good?

Geoff

What info do you need that you can't find here? I think every problem an XJ has ever had has been covered here atleast a dozen times and there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Yes i also agree i worked for a jeep dealership too. There is way:bawl: more information here than any of those dumb master techs or codes could ever give you.

i just use my dealerships password and log in to use alldatapro. but any answer you cant find on there, you'll find on here. great place.

What can't I find on here....

How about stuff for something other than a Jeep Cherokee. There are other vehicles out there.

I never worked in a Jeep dealership, I worked in a GM dealership. I liked their system. True, it had it's faults, but it was a tremendous resource for working on any GM vehicle.

I can't believe I got replies saying, "This is the best resource ever," and nobody even answered the original question.

Geoff

gcam said:

How about stuff for something other than a Jeep Cherokee. There are other vehicles out there.

I never worked in a Jeep dealership, I worked in a GM dealership. I liked their system. True, it had it's faults, but it was a tremendous resource for working on any GM vehicle.

I can't believe I got replies saying, "This is the best resource ever," and nobody even answered the original question.

Geoff

There is a forum like this for every car you can think of. Just like there are other cars out there, there are other forums out there. Since you posted this on a XJ forum I assumed you were actually talking about a XJ. I appologize for my ignorance. I don't recall anyone saying this was the best resource ever.

gcam said:

Geoff

I use most every resource I can find for those hard to nail down problems. Alldata, manufacturers FSM and the forums. Occasionally Google and even Wiki.
Alldata is pretty good for electrical problems and component troubleshooting, though I find there data base a little hard to search on occasion and some of the info is in unlikely folders.
The manufacturers troubleshooting tables I've found to be largely useless, though they do make a decent reminder if you have overlooked some of the basics.
Forums are largely experienced based and have a lot of usefull info, sometimes too much.
I have an eclectic collection of FSM's and online resource material, I tend to collect by model run rather than specific years.

I use alldata & identifix on a daily basic. Both are good, too bad there not free though.

I use Mitchells and AllData. The later being the best.
OH...and on that "there other vehicles out there"....Forgive him for he knows not what says................lol

Ok, ok... Sorry for my cranky reply earlier. I was having a crappy day at work, and checked this as a quick stress break. Thanks for the info, and yes a good tech board like this one is better than a service manual.

Geoff

gcam said:
Ok, ok... Sorry for my cranky reply earlier. I was having a crappy day at work, and checked this as a quick stress break. Thanks for the info, and yes a good tech board like this one is better than a service manual.

Geoff

No need to say sorry, we've all been there. My point was basically that IMO these forums are better than the online tech support data because you have humnas answering questions and they can give you little tips that the others can't.

I found this forum to be very helpful with my xj repairs. I must has saved over 2000 dollars in repair costs.Heres a short story.I went to a toyota dealer for my camry repair(wifes car). I said I read online what the problem was, valve seals. The so called service manager flipped out, said people put all kinds of crap on there you can't believe it.We are getting wise to there repair tricks and they don't like it.

Back