• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Evaporator Question

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
It is getting cold around here now and I have my heat on and the Evaporator is still getting cold and wet. It also sounds like the A/C Compressor is still kicking on and off has any one ever had a similar problem if so then what is it. Thanks in advanced for any help

your a/c comp will run on defrost mode

God damn thats an easy fix I thought this would cost me some money to fix. I have always run my defroster on all my vehicles never had this problem guess I will give the knob a turn and see what happens. Thank you...

This may be a stupid question but what the hell. If I disconect the wires from the evaporator or the compressor can I then run my defrosters with out the A/C kickin or will this cause problems with the system in the future. Then i can hook it all back up in the summer.

or just unplug the compressor during the cold months.

cj11 said:
This may be a stupid question but what the hell. If I disconect the wires from the evaporator or the compressor can I then run my defrosters with out the A/C kickin or will this cause problems with the system in the future. Then i can hook it all back up in the summer.

you a/c kicks on in defrost mode to get rid of any moisture(humidty). And no unplugging the comp will not hurt anything.

I just ran to the store and switched to the floor vents and in a couple of seconds the widsheild fogged up. I just want hot air to blow out of the defroster. So I can leave the evaporator hooked up an just disconnect the compressor and it will just blow hot air. Is there any point to all of this:dunno: are there any good reasons for this or should i just leave it alone.

the fogging is from humidity, that is why the a/c kicks in. not sure what your asking for? do you not want the comp to kick on or do you want the system to work as designed?

I just never had this some of my old trucks they just blew out heat. The compressor never kicked on just seems like the A/C is running to much the evaporator was almost all Ice today when i got home from work.

Back